|Brief Role :
1. The Systems Administrator (SA) is required to be proficient in administering all Linux based systems (desktops, servers, Raspberry Pi devices, Thin Clients etc- .) on premise as well as on the cloud (preferably AWS/Azure)
2. Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of Linux based systems - hardware/software and related infrastructure.
3. Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure domain.
4. Ensure that hardware, operating systems, software and related procedures adhere to best practices and organizational standards.
5. Assist project teams with technical issues - analysis and design; execute, test and roll out of solutions
SA Engineering and Provisioning :
1. Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
2. Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
3. Contribute to and maintain system standards.
4. Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage existing resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support :
1. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
2. Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up, as per predefined organizational standards.
3. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
4. Provide Level 3/other support per request from various constituents. Investigate and troubleshoot issues reported by Level 1/2 Engineers.
5. Repair and recover from hardware/software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituents.
6. Train Level 1/2 engineers to achieve their career goals and ambitions.
1. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
2. Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
3. Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
4. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
5. Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
1. Extremely proficient with shell scripting (preferably bash)
2. Drive automation opportunities across the infrastructure stack using shell scripts
Salary:INR 2,00,000 - 3,00,000 P.A
Industry:IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area:IT Software - Network Administration , Security
Desired Candidate Profile
UG: B.Tech/B.E. - Computers, Electronics/Telecommunication
PG:M.Tech - Any Specialization, Computers, MCA - Computers
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
Candidate must have at least 1+ Yrs of experience
- Linux CentOS, Ubuntu, RedHat, VMWare ESX 5.0+, SAN Storage HP2000, HP MSL 2024 Tape Library, Netapp Cluster Mode 8.3+, Ubuntu end point devices, Active Directory, DHCP, Server Clustering, Remote Desktop Services
- Candidates with strong experience managing hybrid (on premise and Cloud) infrastructures preferred.
- Experience with managing AWS/Azure cloud based infrastructures desirable.
Soft skills :
- Passionate, Self-motivated and driven, with keen attention to detail, action-and-results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication. Strong problem solving and reporting skills.
- Able to prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Able to communicate technical ideas and concepts with non-technical users.
- Experience with in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to plan and implement technical projects with minimal supervision
For more details and jobs -Please visit our website